Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hotel replaces room keys with mobile phones

This article spoke of how a hotel in Stockholm is going to be using mobile phone controlled locks/check-ins on it's rooms. The company, Assa Abloy AB, stated that the Clarion Hotel, in Stockholm is just a pilot for an expansion to regular household doors. For the next four months, repeat visitors will have a chip installed into their phone that allows them to check-in and get into their room, without having to use the front desk, increasing efficiency.
If you would like to read more from this article, here is the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39976610/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/

Wow, look at what we can do with technology, isn't it incredible? I remember hearing stories from my parents, who couldn't believe their eyes the first time they saw a color tv, and they aren't very old. Look at how far we've come, and think of what more we can do. We start with a wheel, and now we're opening hotel rooms with our cellphones, what's next? In my opinion, technology is the key to the economy because of how centered we are around it, for example, right now I'm on a computer, with my cell phone next to me, my tv in front of me, my stereo up on a shelf and my iPod in my pocket. That's only five things I have but I use them everyday, just like one uses a car, or heck even lights, if there's anything people need to focus on, it's technology, and ways to improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment